Good morning LBC fam! If you caught my Insta Stories last week (2 weeks ago??), I shared that I made this amazing chicken enchilada spaghetti squash bake. I always love finding healthy, easy & delicious recipes that I can make during the week, so since this one was such a success, I thought I’d also share it with you!
Let me start by saying that this is NOT my own recipe. I downloaded the free ebook from Clean Simple Eats, (which included lots of healthy recipes I plan to try!) and modified her recipe just slightly (since I’m pretty picky 🙊). If you’d like to download the ebook yourself, I believe you just have to sign up for her newsletter & you’ll receive the ebook to your inbox! 🙂
1 whole spaghetti squash
8 oz. cooked & shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup black beans
1 cup enchilada sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozerella cheese
Step 1: Have husband cut your spaghetti squash. 😂 No but seriously, does anybody else have the hardest time doing this?!
Also, make sure you cook your chicken before doing anything else! I just baked mine for around 35 min at 400º, then tossed it in my KitchenAid mixer to shred it.
1. Bake & shred chicken. Store in fridge or set aside for later.
2. Heat oven to 425º. Cut spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds, and bake face-down on a baking sheet lined with foil for 45 minutes.
3. Mix together the shredded chicken, black beans, and half of the cheese.
4. Scoop out the cooked spaghetti squash into the chicken mixture, top with enchilada sauce, and combine all ingredients.
5. Scoop some of the mixture back into each of the spaghetti squash shells (enough to fill them up) and top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Turn oven down to 350º and place the squash back into the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Top off with avocado & enjoy!
Shop my look